VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Friday, February 09, 2007

Firefighter David Ploch leaves the Roanoke Fire-EMS Department

Sorry I am a little late on this one.

Firefighter/EMT David Ploch resigned from the Roanoke Fire-EMS Department. His last day was Monday, February 6th from what I understand.

While I never worked directly with David, I did see him around and I can say that he had a profound respect for the job. David spent most of his 3 years or so at Station #1 and was recently moved to #6. Prior to coming to Roanoke, David was in the Military Special Forces.

His abrupt decision to leave the department is believed to be the result in a scheduling conflict over taking an upcoming EMT-I class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame to lose such a good guy. I know he signed the contract to get hired, but what about all the other guys that are not medics yet? This could start a trend so the city might want to take a closer look at what is going on.It seems to me we are losing more and more every year.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Ploch. I wish you and your family well. Truly a loss to our department. Best wishes. McFall

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Dave. I sure hate to see the good ones go. Sharp