VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Friday, May 19, 2006

World Trade Center - The Movie

Do you remember where you were on that fateful day.


I remember Captain Armstrong came out to the bay of Station 13 and said something had just happened to the World Trade Center. All the men, 6-8 of us stood there in awe as we watched the news. The events unfolded, the rumors were flying. CNN and Fox were reporting different possibilities. Planes hijacked, car bombs, missiles. One of the most vulnerable times in modern media.

Helpless is what I thought.

And when the first tower fell. I remember saying "Just think about all of the Firefighters who just lost their lives."

On August 9 the movie "World Trade Center" will be released.

Take a look at the trailer - World Trade Center


Thanks to KMC for the heads up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember very well how that day went and how I felt when I saw the towers go down. When it hit I think every firefighter in America knew there were over 4-500 firefighters in the towers. We all knew that alot of good men lost their lives. I went to ground zero the next week and the entire area was something out of a horror movie. I still carry some scars from the sights I saw. As with all scars they are fading slightly, but there will always be a mark in and on all of us. I think honoring the victims of this attack is required but I do not support this film. Hollywood hotshots are making money off the deaths of firefighters and the slaughter of innocent civilians.

RoanokeFound said...

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/WTCtribute.html

and to the anonymous commenter.. obviously you miss the story of the movie, and miss the point of it as well.

But thats ok.. unless you smelled the smoke on 9/11 itself, you'll never understand it.