VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hook, Line, and Sinker

Hey all,

Amidst one of the worst weeks of my life, I managed to enjoy the phone calls and comments related to the Blog coming to an end. After all, it was April 1st. Some of you all got it right away, others it was a little tougher. The best phone call was someone calling to complain about it, then the next day realizing it was April 1st the day before, calling me to admit I had got him. He even said that he was frantic in trying to think of someone else to take over the blog.

I had a "Cowboy" Captain call up and bitch me out about it, only to realize it was April 1st at the end of his sentence and promptly say something like "Oh I get it, April Fools you asshole" - I don't even think I got a word out of my mouth. Damn did I get him good. His guys called to tell me how pissed off he was.

Others just told me of firefighters who thought it was BS that I stopped the blog. However, several of you saw right through it.

I must say that my April Fools joke got a lot more mileage than I imagined it would. I will be back to work tomorrow, still homeless after having trouble closing on our new house. Tomorrow, I think I will try some new pump training, courtesy of C.J. Schaffer (Salem Fire Department):


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this part of the new Lt pump testing, what exactly do you flow that at?