VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

An update on the book

unfortunately for you all I have not been posting too much. Fortunately, though the last post got maximum exposure.

Things have certainly busy in this little World of mine. The deadline creeps up on the book, now due in a mere week. I think I got this under control. Many thanks to all the guys out there who have gotten pictures to me. I think this book is going to surpass most expectations. Including mine.

The latest great find is an original Constitution and By-laws from 1891 for the Fire Department Board for the City of Roanoke.

Look for an update on the future of Station #1 soon. The new fire station is moving right along, slated to open in February 2007 from what I hear.

Sorry I don't have time for more. I will try and get something good up tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

forgot where you came from?

FireFleitz said...

Please elaborate.

Anonymous said...

has it been that long, or do you wish to just not remember?

FireFleitz said...

Ok, whatever. I did leave out one mention. That is that David Wray is the one who has the 1891 document. Thanks to him for letting me borrow it.

Anonymous said...

The new Station opens Feb 2007, What a fitting tribute to curent Station 1#. Have a celebration to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of being in service and close it down at the same celebration, so it can rot away like Victory Stadium did.