VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Monday, June 26, 2006

What? It couldn't be. Could it?

I will be damned. I just posted a cartoon by Paul Combs. Then I took the time to look at his website. You will never believe the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this picture. It was like 150 years of firefighting right here in Roanoke flashed before my eyes (notice how the years grow exponentially). That is right. Apparently when Ole Leatherneck, Captain Willie Wines Jr., told everyone that he was going to Texas to buy a farm he actually went to pose for this here cartoon. Apparently there is a new Sheriff in town.

In honor of using an image from Paul Combs website, you can purchase this print and others here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Leatherneck" is a term used for a U.S. Marine. Firemen have leather ears or lungs ... get it right paperboy.
P.S. You're a dead man

Anonymous said...

Well ya know willie wasd gonna do the cowboy thing anyway, I think its cool. Cowboy Up