VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Golf Tournament recap

The tournament was a huge success. I will be adding pictures and info on the Local 1132 site in a couple of days. There were some things that I just had to post today though.

First off, it was great to see all the guys having fun cooking again this year. Unfortunately Johnny Price couldn't be with us, but his three sons were there to make sure everything ran smoothly. The BBQ was great and I believe that everyone had enough to eat. There were 108 golfers and we went through 38 cases of beer.

From what I could tell everyone had a good time. Jerry Franks sure left in a hurry after the tournament was over. Maybe because Dubose turned the porta potty over with Franks holding on for dear life inside. That was hilarious. He had that blue stuff all over him.

My team consisted of Courtney Price, Jeff Oliver, Eric Mulford, and myself. We didn't do so hot. Maybe I should take up knitting.

Thanks to all who came out to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe he pushed it over, Dubose told me that the wind did it. Thanks for the blue perfume DUBOSE!! Other than the rolling of the porta-john, the golf tournament was great. Hey Captain Weeks, were you having problems keeping up w/ your clubs?