VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

2008 RVFFCU Annual Dinner Meeting at Mill Mountain Zoo

The 2008 Annual Dinner meeting will be held at Mill Mountain Zoo this year on July 11th. The Roanoke Virginia Firemen Federal Credit Union rents out the entire zoo and invites members and guests to enjoy an evening of food and fun with at the zoo. If you have kids, this is a perfect event for them. Door prizes, caricatures, the zoo choo, and other events are popular each year.

Contact the Credit Union at 342-5809. Visit the RVFFCU online here.

For those of you who do not know, the credit union was started...ah hell why not read about it on this post from May of 2005 right here on the blog (link).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhett, have you heard anything how Butch Ferguson is doing?

Anonymous said...

Rhett- do you do anything that doesn't involve this fire dept. in one way or another??

FireFleitz said...

As a matter of fact...I enjoy long walks on the beach, window shopping, basket weaving, and chasing illegal whaling ships with greenpeace.

Actually, I am very involved in many things related to the FD. On the other hand, I am a very proud family man and recently began coaching U11 Lacrosse.

Otherwise...no, and I wouldn't do any of them if I didn't enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

Well then good for you. I wasnt trying to be a smart ass, it just seems like your name pops up a LOT in regards to fire dept activities and/or functions.
I used to chase whales in downtown Roanoke, so we kind of have something in common.

FireFleitz said...

I didn't think you were being smart. I just had a little fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the Rod, Hauck, Holmes, Gish and myself use to harpoon some biggins down town too back in the day. Ahhh what good times.
CS

Anonymous said...

CS you ment you took a couple big harpons right. although i did see pictures of the last buck you killed ,you do get confused by the different sizes. ha ha JK