Headline Animator

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fire at 2327 Staunton Ave.

The Roanoke Fire-EMS Department responded to a residential structure fire on January 31, 2007 at 2327 Staunton Ave.

The call was received through the 9-1-1 Center at approximately 5:24 a.m. The response of two Engines, one Ladder truck, one Medic Unit, one EMS Captain, the Emergency Management Coordinator and one Battalion Chief for a total of 14 personnel responded to the scene.
The fire was under control at 5:35 a.m.

Upon arrival, crews found a fire in the kitchen. Crews quickly entered the structure and extinguished the blaze.

There were three people inside of the home when the fire started.
They escaped without any injuries. There were no injuries to citizens or Fire-EMS personnel.

The fire started in the kitchen and was containedkitchen. The house sustained heavy smoke damage. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking materials. Damage estimates are approximately $15,000.

Three residents, two adults and one teenager, were displaced from the home. Emergency Management responded to the scene and assisted them.
They are now being helped by the Red Cross.

No comments: