VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Monday, July 10, 2006

Roanoke Regional Airport Emergency Drill

September 23rd 2006, 10 A.M.

The first seventy participants will be allowed to play the part of victims, victims'’ family members, and media. This is a great opportunity to participate in the community and test your improvisation skills. You will be given a brief description of your injuries and then expected to play the part accordingly. Brunch will be provided along with Commemorative T-Shirts.

The FAA mandates all airports conduct a full scale exercise once every (3) years to test and train emergency responders in the event of an aircraft accident.

To receive a sign up form please call
(540) 362-1999 or email: rraclivedrill@roanokeairport.com
NOTE: 18 years of age and older may participate

Hey look, you can come play with the ARFF Crew at the Airport. Doesn't that sound like fun. Best of all it is a C- Shift day. Oh Joy. Maybe I will have a call by then. Huh? You heard me right. I have yet to run a call since I have been back on ARFF, with the exception of the FAA mandated "Quick Dash". I have been at the ARFF Crew since December of 2004, we ran 2 calls during my time there before being moved to Station 8 for about 5 months in June 2005. I returned to the ARFF crew in October and I have not run an ARFF call since. I should play the lottery. I have run calls while riding on Engine 10, I get to ride E10 once every other cycle or two. This brings a whole new meaning to "The best job in the world" trust me. If my coworkers had a clue they would be lined out the door to get my position. Just don't tell nobody.

No comments: