VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Block is on, and I admit to it...

Today, Keith over at Roanoke Found stated he had writers block. Well I think that I have it worse, not quite something I am proud of.

To be fair, it might not be writers block. It might just be the fact that I am taxed.

Sure, I may not be running 20 calls a day at work, or any for that matter. And yes I did have last cycle off.

But the truth of the matter is that I might be getting burned out. Burned out of everything, except for my family that is. They are number 1.

No matter what station I work at, what my assignment is, what I did that day, I still have my Children and my Wife at home waiting for me.

I also have just finished Officer II and I am in the middle of Instructor II class. It has given me a break from the Credit Union. I don't really need a break from that place. That is the one place I get time to myself. With the ability to walk downstairs and have some camaraderie with A-Shift and Dave "The third Blues Brother" Sexton, or B-Shift who always enjoy jumping on my back about the latest rumors.

Which leads me to the next thing. I am not exactly sure why I am considered to be certain namesakes on another website by some of you. Why do you think I the only one with an opinion? You guys really must think I have too much time on my hands. Well truth be known, I wish I had that kind of time.

So maybe for the first time since this sites inception I have reached a plateau. This could cost readers for a very dynamic website. And by the stats, the site has slowed down. But I notice when I put a controversial or thought provoking post up.

Like the Medic/Officer pay post. From what I understand, this post got some people thinking. It also made some Captains realize that they are underpaid, or that the Medics are overpaid. Which ever way you look at it. I did get some feedback on the figures I used. I was off in my calculations by a little bit. I should have used an average of somewhere around 3.5% instead of 2.5%.

The RFFA has kept me busy, and you might have noticed a decrease in posting since taking office in January.

Now that I look at it, this was an informative post for admitting writers block.

I will attempt to keep up, but I do have a lot going on.

No comments: