VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Fire at 2762 Shenandoah Ave. NW



1610 hours units responded Radar's new Vehicle garage at 2762 Shenandoah Ave. Units marked on scene with heavy fire showing. I believe by the units on scene that a 2nd alarm was pulled. I know these units responded E-9, E-5, E-4, E-13, L-13, L-7, L-2, M-3, RS-1, BC-1, BC-2, Chief 2, Fire Marshal 1, Service Truck 1. Let me know if you would like me to add any others. I will be adding all of the pictures to the RFFA website when I get a chance and I will post a link here. Look for that in a couple of hours. The fire seemed to run smoothly. It seems as though a bus caught fire inside the garage and the bus became fully involved which ended up burning and damaging a lot of the ceiling area on the far end of the building. I will add more information as I learn more.

This is the fire scene as I pulled up just as they were about to put water on the fire. The firefighters had to force open several overhead doors to gain entry to the building.

FF/PM Dennis Hayes on a 2 1/2" attack line on side 2 of the structure. The bus was burning right inside the door wear FF Hayes is directing the stream.

I think that this is FF East and another from Station #4, maybe Lt. Roach(please let me know) directing another 2 1/2" hose inside a door at side 3 at the 3/4 corner.

FF Bennington asking Lt. Tom Mougin to call for Engine #5 to force entry; a minute later, Bennington remembers that indeed he is on Engine #5. FF Chuck Sharp was bleep-bleeping him all the while from his honeymoon to see what was going on. Man-Damn.

Technorati Tags:

No comments: