VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Friday, January 20, 2006

Chicago Firefighter Descends From A Ball Of Fire - Firehouse.com News

Chicago Firefighter Descends From A Ball Of Fire - Firehouse.com News:
Chicago Firefighter Descends From A Ball Of Fire
Three of Chicago's bravest were harmed in the two-alarmer

cbs2chicago.com

Three firefighters suffered minor injuries battling a fierce morning blaze at a North Side office building Friday. Watch one firefighter's dramatic descent from a ball of fire unfold in these photographs.

� Video: Injured Bravest Descends Ladder
� Slideshow: More Images

CHICAGO (WBBM Newsradio 780) -- Chicago firefighters were battling a two alarm fire at Cicero and Peterson on the Northwest Side Friday morning. The fire was burning in a strip of businesses. One firefighter suffered some minor burns.

WBBM Newsradio 780's Kris Habermehl reported from his vantage point over the scene in WBBM's traffic helicopter that Cicero and Peterson were both closed near the fire scene at 6013 N. Cicero. A thick column of smoke also was visible from the Edens Expressway, affecting both inbound and outbound traffic there.
This is one hell of a video. Click the link at the top for the full story on Firehouse.com. I attempted to post to this earlier, but I couldn't find a decent lead on the story. I just got an email from an IAFF brother down south a bit:

"I am a firefighter with the city of Greensboro, N.C. Fire Department (22 stations, ISO Class 1) and a member of IAFF Local 947. I work in Carolina but I live just outside Danville, Va. In Pittsylvania County.

There is a neat story today on firehouse.com about a fire incident in Chicago where a truckie gets burned making an escape down his companies stick. Thank goodness he made it. I figured you might want to post it. They have a hyper link to the video.

I think a lot of your blog. It is great you show Roanoke Fire’s history. It would be neat if you could put on some history of the Roanoke Life Saving Crew. As a volunteer for several years I am a history buff of the early volunteer rescue squad stuff. Julian Wise is kind of like a hero to me for all his efforts.

Keep up the good work."


I always appreciate the emails and comments. Keep them coming in. I will certainly add a little about the Roanoke Life Saving Crew in the future. I aim to please.

2 comments:

B O B said...

The fire was very interesting and thanks for the suggestion of watching the video. I am impressed by the professional job you have done on your blog.

One little suggestion would be to list with technorati. I think that if they indexed your blog it would get greater exposure.

I wish you continued success with your blog, and always find myself coming back to read more.

FireFleitz said...

Thanks for the information. I thought that I was listed with them, although there is a good possibility I am not. I will look into it immediately.