VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Friday, July 08, 2005

Oldest Station around

So there it is again, Station #1 in the paper. Guilliams, West, and Leonard were all shown in the paper and quoted on various snippets in the article. Good job guys. I thought it was interesting how it is mentioned that "Firefighters have read that the station is the oldest active fire station east of the Mississippi River." I have heard something similair however I do not believe it. I find it hard to believe that some of these bigger cities do not have older working stations. So I put it on the forums. Click on the header above to go to the forum at www.firehouse.com. Already I have been shown where Detroit Michigan has 4 older stations still operable as well as Belmar, NJ. I will see where else there are older and continue this post.

No comments: