VAFireNews.com Headline Animator

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Firefighters Business Database

I am going to add a new page to this site. It will list the businesses that are operated, owned, or employ our fellow firefighters. Please email me at Firefleitz@adelphia.com with your name, Company, phone number, and shift. Look for this page to be added in the near future. Feel free also to page me, call me or contact me in person at station 8 C-shift or at the Credit Union.
Ok I have added the new page. You can get to it at www.roanokefirefighterspage3.blogspot.com. If you would like to see your site listed please contact me with the proper information and I will add it.
I really think that I will have to branch out to an actual website soon. I just need to find a host and I think the site will be RoanokeBravest.com. or something like that since Roanokefirefighters.com is already taken. I am itching to do this, I just need a little help in getting started. Like where to find a host and how to get the domain name I want. I could use my adelphia address, they give me web space, however I do not want to run over the limit and have to find a new home. So if anyone out there could help then hit email Rhett Fleitz on the right under links and let me know. I appreciate it. I also know that once I make the switch sky will be the limit. Of course I will keep the blog open. So who wants to give me a shove in the right direction?

3 comments:

RoanokeFound said...

I used godaddy.com to register my domain - nice and cheap. Google NVU - its a free website building software, really really easy and helpful - one program to do it all. Hosting, that depends on how much your looking to spend - you let me know, and I'll find a deal for ya.

FireFleitz said...

Give me a range on prices. I would imagine it is a yearly fee not a one time deal. I appreciate the help.

RoanokeFound said...

$27.60 for 3 years registration, then you can forward it to your current webspace. so $30, no charge for hosting because you have it allready.

Or try this one

http://nextrahost.com/p1.php?plan_id=100

this one is the value plan. Its a pretty good deal, and should (I think) include all registration fees for the roanokesbravest.com name.