The 2nd Annual Bowl A Thon will be on March 29th. Information below is from Charles Adkins of the Salem FD.
Hey Brothers and Sisters,
2nd annual IAFF/MDA "Fire in the Alley" Bowl-A-Thon.
MARCH 29. 2008 SAVE THIS DATE!!!!!
1400 - 1630 HRS
OK, I have been contacted by several Locals about the price increase of the team cost to play from last year.
The way this thing works is:
* Pick a team Captain( need your info by deadline Jan. 18, 2008)
* Team Captain picks 4 other players ( 5 Man or Woman teams ) must have $650.00 to play this year!!
* Cost per team is $650.00 ( Example: Each team member ask 12 family members, friends, bosses, etc... for a pledge of $10.83 will equal $130.00 per player and x 5 = $650.00)
* This will sponsor you in a MDA bowl -a - thon to raise money to send kids with some form of MD to summer camp, for these kids and parents are strapped by paying for medical bills, wheelchairs, walkers, and just day to day living, this intern gives the kids something special to look forward to at the end of summer and the wonderful parents a little break so the don't break from day to day living.
* 20 teams are all we need.
* This is open to anyone that's loves to bowl or just want to donate to the cause.( Not just IAFF members we tried that last year and got hardly any participation).
* You can get sponsored by a company from the area if this would be an easier way to reach our goals it is a tax deductible write off for this coming tax season.
FYI: If we do not have any captains by Jan. 08, 2008 we will have to consider canceling this event due to scheduling with Salem bowling alley,we had to reschedule last year multiple times and I don't think they will be as accommodating this year.
If anybody feels like this is to much or to hard to accomplish, I want to here your ideas ASAP!!!!
Contact me at any time:
Charles D. Adkins/Director/VP-B
Salem Professional Firefighters Assoc.
The dates for the MDA camp have been posted.
CAMP DATES JUST ARRIVED:
JULY 13 - JULY 18
PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS.
WE NEED MORE MALE COUNSELORS - PLEASE HELP US RECRUIT - PRIZES AWARDED TO COUNSELORS WHO ARE GOOD RECRUITERS!!